Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Morning Smoothie


One time I froze some bananas at night and went to bed dreaming of the smoothie I would make with them in the morning. My husband was simultaneously dreaming of the leftover veggie curry that he would eat the next day on the bus ride to his soccer game. Somehow, he mixed up the containers and ended up bringing the bananas. You can imagine how bummed we both were when he opened his lunchbox only to find half melted bananas and I had to substitute ice cubes for frozen bananas. I think I got the better deal. At least I got to eat the leftover curry for lunch.








Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Espresso Smoothie Woah!

Serves:
1
Equipment: Blender

Ingredients:

1 frozen banana, chopped
1 tbspn of raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 tbspn of natural peanut butter
1 shot of espresso
pinch of ground flaxseed (optional)
2 tspns of maple syrup, agave nectar, or brown sugar
1/2 cup soy, rice, or nut milk

You can do some pretty amazing things with frozen bananas. I use them a lot in the morning to make this smoothie, or a variation of it. It is rich and filling, but not a heavy breakfast. The espresso is an extra pick-me-up, but the raw cacao usually does the job. If you want to omit the espresso, just add a bit more soymilk. Blend all ingredients. Drink up.

No comments: