Friday, July 4, 2008

Zucchini- Cashew Hummus (raw)


I got a magic bullet blender for my birthday. Or, I should say I got an "Amazing Bullet." It's the knockoff version, but my boyfriend and I have a theory that the same people who make the magic bullet make the amazing bullet and just the suckers buy the magic one for a higher price. ;) Nonetheless, it is amazing! And this is one of the things I have recently made with it. A delicious raw hummus. Perfect for spreading on sliced vegetables and wrapping them in big romaine lettuce leaves.


ZUCCHINI CASHEW HUMMUS

Equipment:

Blender

Ingredients:

1 cup of soaked raw cashews
1 cup of chopped and peeled zucchini (about 1 small zucchini)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 small garlic clove
1/8 cup tahini
sea salt
1/2 cup water

In a blender or food processor blend all ingredients until smooth, adding water very slowly to get desired consistency. You could always substitute more zucchini for cashews if you don't have them, or vice versa. Make sure to peel all of the green skin off of the zucchini otherwise you will get a funky colored hummus. I added garnished with olive oil, crushed red pepper, and chopped zucchini.


No comments: